Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I don't have a picture to put with my story today, but I wanted to relate what happened to me last night. I had a Halloween Experience.

I got home from work with just enough daylight to go walk Maggie at the Cemetery like we try to do each day. I always park by my dad's grave and walk a half mile circut six times. As it was getting dark, I decided to stay out on the west side of the cemetery where there are no trees to subdue what little light there was. As I came around, I decided to conquer my fears and go down into the darkness of the old part of the cemetery. There were no other cars or people in the cemetery (except the dead ones). I was walking up the road on the East side when all of a sudden I heard footsteps right behind me. I began to walk a little faster hoping the footsteps would go away, but they walked faster to keep pace with me. Finally, I decided to stop and see what or who was following me. I stopped, turned, and saw a human like figure in white shorts and T-shirt. He had thick black hair on his head, arms, face, and legs. As he passsed he turned, kind of smiled, and said in a deep growel, "HOWDY". I am sure he was a werewolf. He may have been a Cowboy Werewolf, but he was ugly and hairy. I tried to keep an eye on him, but he moved so smoothly I soon lost him in the darkness of the cemetery. Finally, I emerged from the trees and could see him walking ahead of me back into the dark. As I started my next circut into the tree lined part of the cemeter once again, I could see him turn the corner ahead of me. He disappeared behind a pine tree and I did not see him emerge on the other side. As Maggie and I walked again up the East side of the cemetery, Maggie stopped, her ears came up and she was staring at something in the thick bushes to the right of us. I thought I was doomed, but it turned out to be two men checking the fenceline.

I finished my 2nd mile and decided it was time to leave the cemetery and go home. Maggie wanted to stay, I'm guessing because she felt a kinship with another canine, the werewolf.
This is a true story and I am sure the werewolf was just some hairy cowboy walking the cemetery on a Hallows Eve. I am going back tonight and if I see him again, I will smile and say "Howdy".

6 comments:

The Mitchell Family said...

Wow Dad - sounds pretty spooky! Glad you made it home safe & sound! Say hi for us if you see the werewolf again! Love you!

Bristow Family said...

Interesting story. Take a flashlight and a baseball bat with you tonight!

Darwin Jeffery said...

Maybe it was Herman the Killer Mouse

Angie said...

It was probably Mike's Big Foot coming to say hello. Scary!

Kim Bringhurst said...

Ummm NEXT TIME?!! Even if it was a real, hairy man, that was not a normal hairy man! Nobody who's up to any good wears white shorts after Labor Day! You've been warned!

Angie said...

Cam says AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!